Sunday, January 4

Reflections and Plans


The new year has begun and as I've gotten older I find
I think of the year just gone.
2014 was a good year.
The big changes we made in 2013 have really
paid off, and most importantly
we are happy and healthy.
We can only hope 2015 is as good.

This is a sewing blog
so my sewing plans for the new year
no resolutions just some plans


  these blocks have been all joined together


to form this,
all pinned ready to quilt with a very vague plan for 
some quick big stitch quilting.
To be ready in march for a friends big birthday.

Next plan


the farmers wife blocks are all made
time to start joining them together
I would like to have this all finished
 by October for my brothers birthday.

Next


this box of blue triangles


will be joined to these white triangles
in a bid to further reduce UFO's in the cupboard
I will be happy to just get a quilt top
no hurry to quilt it.

next


the Folly
WILL be quilted this year

next


periwinkle stars
with the warm weather we have at the moment
I have been putting these together,
 very rewarding as they come together really quickly.

and lastly
I really want to get back to some needle turn applique
with the main goal being
the Caswell Quilt


but I will need to practise first and I 
have not decided what I will practise on,
cushions I started many years ago,
or a new Christmas quilt I have had my eye on.

let's see how the plans go

happy stitching jenni










No comments:

Post a Comment