Sunday, September 7

Contest


Over at pomegranate and chintz Meredithe has
 set herself a little contest to spend 
1 hour everyday for 14 days with her stitching.
It can be sewing by hand or machine, preparing something
to stitch, applique, embroider, knit.
You get the idea, and she has invited others to join in.

So of course I have joined in.
Most days I do a little bit of something, 
but this has made me very conscious of what I am doing.
[especially when I write it down]


The folly has really got a work out this week,
only one corner and a little on the last 2 sides to go.
If I keep up this pace I'll have it finished in a couple of weeks.


Hand quilting
I am really enjoying the relaxing
 mindless simple straight quilting between the
rows that are already there. 
No marking or basting.


I cannot help myself when it comes to new projects.
So I had to have a play with a pickle dish block.
So far so good


I'm not sure if shopping counts in my 1 hour
a day, but this fabric was on sale.
4 mt for a backing somewhere along the line.


I thought this would make a great background for 
some applique.
A bit different from the normal text prints.
This has a musical sheet print.


On a totally unrelated note, this little fellow 
is exhausted after a morning with the groomer.
He is not often this quiet.

happy stitching jenni
   

No comments:

Post a Comment