Monday, September 1

Crazy


The header photo I have is a quilt I finished in September 2010.
Its called Wickersham signature quilt,
 a pattern from Patty Harrants.


When the quilt was finished it got packed away,
came out for a quilt show and for various
 reasons got packed away.
A couple of months ago I decided to hang this quilt
in the hallway.
A long wall with high ceiling, this large quilt is perfect to cover
up this space. 
BUT the quilt did not hang very well,
I decided to wait for the creases to fall out,
 it would be better then. 
NO it wasn't.
After many weeks of thought I decided
the binding is the problem.
I put a fine piping on first then the binding that all got
pulled. I remember having trouble at the time
but when you are so close to the end of such a big project
thing don't always get to attention they should.


With none of the same fabric to be found to remake the
 binding the next option is the do some more quilting.
That is were the crazy comes in.
the quilting was originally 2" cross hatching , the only
real option is to make that a 1: cross hatch.
So with no other hand quilting project on the go I am quilting 
in between all the current quilting lines.
That's lots on a quilt that is 96" square.
Just as well the weather has turned cold again. 


Already the quilt is sitting better, lets hope it is
worth the effort.

happy stitching jenni



No comments:

Post a Comment