Sunday, July 6

This Time Last Week


It was only last Sunday that I took myself off to 
Melbourne to the craft and quilt show.
Train. tram and automobile and I was there.
 Sunday, always the best day to go, much more relaxed,
not the big crowds, and you can talk to the traders,
 designers and quilt makers
 The quilt show was amazing, congratulations to everyone
who exhibited.
The quilts this year really appealed to me.

a few favorites


love a two colour quilt  especially red


star burst, one my list for someday


star a day, my currant hand quilting project


inspiring applique


amazing 1/4" hexagons.
 I can admire the work. but I am never going there.

I was not as impressed with the stall holders,but that might be my
fabric diet.


I bought Caroline Konig's new book, beautiful.
and a new ruler for 60' and 45' diamonds In sizes from
1 inch up to 4 inches cut


I thought I had better have a play before I forgot
how easy this is supposed to be.
Yes very easy.
I really enjoy making these stars and would like to 
[one day]
make a seven sisters quilt. So this ruler will be great.
I also saw another star quilt on the internet that I can now have a go at.


Now what size star should I make.

The BEST part of the day was catching up with friends.
I miss you ladies sooo much.

happy stitching jenni






No comments:

Post a Comment