Tuesday, July 29

farmers wife



I have mentioned that I have started the 
farmers wife quilt.
another sampler quilt
6 inch finished blocks
111 of them for the queen size quilt,
 that is what I am aiming for.
83 x 103 inches finished.
That is quite long, so I thought I would change the lay out 
to make mine approximately 93 inches square.
235 cm, quite a large quit
I would then need a total of 113 blocks.


I have been stitching away on these blocks without much 
thought or fuss,
but this morning I had a count.
91 blocks finished


A whole box of blocks.
only 20 to go.
If I do change the layout (which I think I will do)
only 22 to go.

The pattern book only has 111 block patterns,
so I get to make up 2 of my own. 

I was surprised that I had done so many, and so quickly,
this has only been a little winter project in between quilting.
 If I got some stitched that is good, if not it didn't matter, maybe I 
should think of all quilts this way. 



Back to quilting,
Star a day is quilted, now just to do the binding.
First I have to find the binding fabric,
which I put away in a very safe place.
But where can that be, I have searched high and low,
hopefully it will turn up soon, maybe when I
stop looking or give up and buy another piece of fabric.

happy stitching jenni


No comments:

Post a Comment